Wednesday, March 19, 2014

India #11 - Day 12

I love ministering among the Kashmiri people in and around Srinagar. They are gracious, they love conversation (I do my best), and they have need of the love of Jesus.

We conducted a very large Medical Camp in a village about 10 miles away from the center of Srinagar. Once again our host Kelu organized the camp in a village where he is seeking to have a spiritual impact. These are Muslims, and to reach them we must have a specific strategy. That is why we are here.

Our Doctors saw right at 400 people! It was almost overwhelming at times as the people crowded in on the doctors, not giving them any room to see, talk to patients, distribute medicines, or even breathe.

Several of the people asked if I was a doctor. I responded no, I'm Security. Myself and a local man did our best to keep the people back and give the doctors some breathing room, but I think it was an exercise In futility.

But when it was all over, it was a satisfying feeling knowing we helped pave the way for our host to minister. We come to do "social work" among the Muslim people, raising the status of the local pastors. They in turn effectively use our actions to build the Kingdom of God.

I cannot say enough about those who put their lives on the line every day bringing the love of Jesus to the Muslim people in this region. My heart is is so drawn to them, especially Kelu. I got to spend a few hours with him this evening encouraging him, and blessing him with a laptop for his ministry.

Yesterday I called him my hero. After being with him another day, and seeing his heart in action, as well as hearing his heart in conversation, I'm calling him my Super Hero!

Thank you for following!

No comments:

COVID Wreaks Havoc In India

  The situation in India is bleak, but the Kingdom of God is expanding... I know you have seen news reports of the huge increase of COVID ca...