Saturday, May 12, 2012

India 2012: Day 1

The adventure continues...It began when I boarded the first of 4 flights to get to India. But I am here, safe, and tired!

I arrived in Hyderabad at 3:00 am on Saturday morning (India time), retrieved my luggage, proceeded through customs, then traveled by car for three hours to Kazipet.

I took a short nap, then spoke to over 500 at a the monthly Saturday service here at Ecclesia Ministries. After the traditional "garlanding", I spoke to the people, encouraging them to look to God in the face of problems with a story from the life of the prophet Elisha, accompanied by my faithful translator Jesher.

I then spent the next two hours praying for well over 300 people individually. They were hungry for a touch from God, and many had needs that I prayed for.

Every ten minutes or so we'd stop and listen to testimonies of people who had just been healed, physically or emotionally. It was a great beginning day to this trip to India!

Tomorrow I speak at three different churches here in Kazipet, beginning at 7:30 am. I think the "Biking Pastor" will be making a comeback (my mode of transport shuttling between churches)... I love it!

No comments:

COVID Wreaks Havoc In India

  The situation in India is bleak, but the Kingdom of God is expanding... I know you have seen news reports of the huge increase of COVID ca...