Monday, January 07, 2013

A Personal Word From Brad...

I had hoped it would never come to this, but I am compelled to share something with you. As much as I want to avoid doing this, I can't keep it to myself any longer.

I need to raise money for my India mission trip. Please continue reading...

The first time I went to India, I fell in love with the people, the country, and the Father's heart for the Indian people. Now ten journeys later, my heart is even more drawn to minister there.

When I took my previous ministry trips to India, I was one of 13 full-time pastors on the leadership team of a very large church. A few weeks before I would leave for India, the Senior Pastor would appeal to the congregation to support me. In one offering enough money would be collected to pay for my expenses, plus I was able to take the extra to give away to the local village pastors. (For which I am very grateful.)

Now I work in an insurance agency to support my family while assisting a pastor friend at his church of 50 people. They have neither the people nor the resources to provide financial assistance for my trip.

I have exhausted our personal savings in purchasing airline tickets, but am still faced with in-country travel expenses, lodging expenses, a visa for my son, and other miscellaneous expenses for the trip.

Yes, I am excited that my son Zach will be joining me to minister, but it also means twice the expense.

Once again I will be partnering with Pastor Daniel Kalyalapu, preaching and praying for people in crusades in and around Kazipet, as well as ministering in Pastor Daniel's church.

The bulk of the trip will be spent leading a medical team into unreached villages in Punjab and Kashmir, where we will be in predominately Muslim areas where there is no Christian witness.

This is my favorite part of ministering in India: Going where the people have never heard the name Jesus, and sharing God's love with them. There is much terrorism in this region of India, but being right in the middle of that is where we want to be.

I know that you will participate by praying for my son and me as we travel to India on March 7-23. I hope you will consider participating financially also.

You can do so by clicking the "Donate" button to the upper right, sending a contribution to my church: GraceChurch, 218 Eglin Pkwy. NE, Ft. Walton Bch, FL 32547 (a giving statement will be sent to you), or by sending a contribution directly to me: 1913 Catamaran Dr, Navarre, FL 32566. (If you do send a check, please write 'Brad - India' in the memo line.)

Thank you for your prayerful consideration.

No comments:

COVID Wreaks Havoc In India

  The situation in India is bleak, but the Kingdom of God is expanding... I know you have seen news reports of the huge increase of COVID ca...