Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009 In Review: Footprints

No, this is not a "Year in Review" post. Nor is it a "what have I accomplished this year" post. Rather, it is about looking back at our footprints.

I hope you set out to accomplish many things (or at least something) in 2009. Just about all of do that each year. I think the popular term is "resolutions".

Sometimes it's a few personal goals, like losing weight or getting out of debt. Sometimes it's wider, like spending more time together as a family, or taking your business to the next level. At whatever plane, we begin each year with lofty (or not so lofty) goals. Hopefully we accomplish them.

As I review my 2009, I am not looking at the goals I accomplished (like recording and  releasing a CD of my songs, or expanding my Blog/Facebook/Twitter base). I am though, looking at the lives I have influenced. And that's where the footprints come in.

You see, footprints leave a mark. They blaze a trail. They lead the way. And the most important thing I could have done in 2009 is to have influenced others. Influenced them to succeed, to dream, to create, to fulfill their destiny.

And so I turn around from my journey, and look to see if I have left any footprints behind. But more importantly, seeing if anybody is following those footprints.

What about you? Did you leave any footprints in 2009?

9 comments:

Gina Emmanuel said...

Good post.

I tend to get caught up with severe scrutiny and self-evaluation this time of the year.I like how you "influenced" me to not focus as much on the accomplishment (or lack thereof) of my goals.. but rather on my footprints.. and hopefully leave behind a more lasting legacy..

Brad Lewis said...

Thanks Gina. It is difficult in our culture to think of the influence rather than the outcome. Perhaps if we get a "tribe" large enough, we can change the culture, and thus change the world!

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Brad Lewis said...

Thank you Anonymous, for your kind and encouraging comment. Please keep reading and commenting!

The SMOOTH Spot said...

Couldn't agree more, Brad. Actually, recently developed somewhat of a motto that says, "Enjoy life today and impact lives for tomorrow." I believe in doing both to the greatest extent possible. Keep it up, brother.

Pamela said...

Hello Brad,

I don't know if you remember me but I was in your youth group back in TN at Sevier Heights (my maiden name was Pam Simpson). I found you through Greg's new blog! Glad to see you and your family are well. My family and I also live in the D.C are now but on the other side in VA. Thought I would just say hello!!

Brad Lewis said...

Greg- (I always thought you were pretty smooth...) Great motto. YOU keep it up!

Brad Lewis said...

Pam-
Yes, I remember you! You and your daughter look great (also your husband - I found his pic in your profile). Thanks for finding me. Interesting that you also live up here in the region.

I'm on Facebook (Brad Lewis) and Twitter (bigcloudmusic) if you are so inclined. Also, I have a music business (I am a worship songwriter and producer) http://bigcloudmusic.com.

Great to hear from you!

COVID Wreaks Havoc In India

  The situation in India is bleak, but the Kingdom of God is expanding... I know you have seen news reports of the huge increase of COVID ca...