Tuesday, August 02, 2011

My Best Investment Pick

If you like this post, please re-post, put it on your Facebook status, or forward it to your friends. Follow me on Twitter @bigcloudmusic if you find me interesting. Subscribe to this Blog if you'd like.

We are living in a volatile financial environment. Debt ceilings and tax increases are affecting credit ratings and investment risks. And that's just the Federal Government.

We are concerned about our own financial positions, our net worth, our retirement portfolios. Will I have enough money to send my kids to college? Will I be able to retire soon? What about that long needed vacation I promised my family?

It's questions like these that cause worry and concern in the average person. But what about the real average person?

The real average person isn't concerned about his stock portfolio, but rather if his family will eat today. The real average person isn't thinking about his daughter's college, but instead he's thinking about her lack of medical care. The real average person doesn't take a vacation, but rather works every week for less than $2 a day.

Why do I call that person average? Because a full two-thirds of the world's population is just like that person. And with that many numbers defining a group, they quickly become the average.

So what' my Best Investment Pick? Pour yourself into the lives of those average people who are barely getting by. How?
  • Invest Money: Do you really need to spend $25 every time you eat out on a restaurant meal, when that same $25 will feed a family of four for a month?
  • Invest Time: Visit the sick in a hospital and speak words of encouragement and faith. Mentor a younger, disadvantaged person in what you do.
  • Invest Focus: Think in terms of changing your culture, rather than protecting your stuff.
I am trying to make this type of thinking my lifestyle. Join me?

Question: What can you do now that changes your investment strategy? Share your thoughts below in comments.

No comments:

COVID Wreaks Havoc In India

  The situation in India is bleak, but the Kingdom of God is expanding... I know you have seen news reports of the huge increase of COVID ca...