Saturday, March 09, 2013

India 2.0 - Day 1

(You can receive this Blog via email by entering your address on the right.)

Technically, we arrived in India yesterday (Friday), but with customs, extended luggage scrutiny (recent terrorist activity in Hyderabad) and the required travel to Pastor Daniel's home in Kazipet, it was midnight and therefore Saturday when we finally got settled.

Zach spent about an hour-and-a-half preparing his equipment for filming, and I reviewed my notes in preparation to speak at the "Second Saturday Revival Service" that is held monthly at Daniel's church.

After a good night's sleep to reverse the jet lag we were ready to go this morning!

I was overwhelmed with joy when I saw the large crowd already engaged in spirited worship as I entered the building. So many of the folks are people I have encountered on my other trips to India and Daniel's church. It was great to see so many familiar faces!

Zach and I were welcomed in the traditional way of "garlanding and shawling", and then I was given the microphone and proceeded to bring the word, speaking about a man who had an unexpected encounter with God (Acts 3), assisted by my favorite translator Jesher.

As I finished, Pastor Daniel took over and concluded the service with a brief word of encouragement. We then had a time of prayer, where Pastor Daniel and I prayed for a few hundred people. We saw many instances of physical healing and spiritual ministry. (Zach filmed, and filmed some more...)

One young man (pictured above in the purple shirt) had traveled over 140 km to attend with the assistance of friends. He had fallen from a bridge a year ago and had lost the sight in his eyes. Today while I was preaching God's Word, his sight was restored! It was a HUGE testimony as he shared during the prayer time.

A great beginning to a great time of ministry in India! Tomorrow I will speak three times at three different churches, twice in the morning and once in the evening. Zach will film...

(Look below and to the right in the 'Blog Archive' menu for more posts on this India trip.) Thanks for following!

If you like this post, you can re-post, 'share' it on your Facebook status, or forward it to your friends. Follow me on Twitter @bigcloudmusic if you find me interesting. Subscribe to this Blog if you'd like.

No comments:

COVID Wreaks Havoc In India

  The situation in India is bleak, but the Kingdom of God is expanding... I know you have seen news reports of the huge increase of COVID ca...