Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Dream A Little Dream...

(You can receive this Blog via email by entering your address on the right.)

There is a luxury hotel in Midtown Manhattan called Dream New York. Their website boasts: 

Fantasies become reality at Dream New York, Vikram Chatwal’s blissful escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Located in the heart of Midtown Manhattan in a landmark 1895 Beaux-Arts building, Dream New York is a playscape where luxury hospitality combines with the reverie of modern design. Settle into sleek-yet-comfortable accommodations, complete with the utmost in luxury amenities and eclectic restaurants and lounges.

Featuring 216 guestrooms and suites with amenities such as large flat screen TVs, high-speed WiFi, and Hydro Basic bath products, the accommodations at Dream New York invite guests into a world of surreal comfort. Bask in ultra-plush bedding and 300-thread count Egyptian cotton, recounting the days of seeing Manhattan’s best sights during the day and glittering lights at night.

Should dreaming be a place to escape, or a place to inspire? A place to get pampered, or a place to get revived?

Should I dream of surreal comfort or successful contribution?

A thought: Don't dream of what you can receive, dream of what you can become, and what you can become to others.
 
Question: Would you prefer to spend a week at a luxury hotel being catered to, or a week catering to the needs of others? Share your thoughts below in comments.

If you like this post, you can re-post, 'share' it on your Facebook status, or forward it to your friends. Follow me on Twitter @bigcloudmusic if you find me interesting. Subscribe to this Blog if you'd like.

2 comments:

Rosita said...

Ooh, hard question to answer. I would have to say it depends greatly on what you are after. I don't believe on being pampered (it's self-centered mindset), but I do believe in taking a break from all the "doing." Hey, we all need a break from the hardship of daily life. But, when I'm back to "living" I should dream every day on "not receiving, but achieving." My live should be full of such dreams, that's how I aim to produce lasting fruit for my Lord. If I live that way, I can truly enjoy my times off. Ahhhhhhh!

Brad Lewis said...

So true Rosi: We do need those down times to revive us for the "life of service". How we spend those down times and what we spend on them help define what we are dreaming about.

Thanks for sharing!

COVID Wreaks Havoc In India

  The situation in India is bleak, but the Kingdom of God is expanding... I know you have seen news reports of the huge increase of COVID ca...