Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Snooze Button

(You can receive this Blog via email by entering your address on the right.)

I heard a radio commercial today where a person asks an British-accented lizard, "I have a habit of hitting the snooze button when my alarm goes off. Any suggestions?"

I have one: Get up!

I can hear the Type-A, OCD, 'get off your duff' people who read this post saying, "Tell 'em Brad!"

But then others are asking, "What's wrong with a few extra minutes of sleep?"

The practical side of me argues that if you want a few extra minutes of sleep, set your alarm for a few minutes later. Then your few extra minutes won't be interrupted.

The counter to that: It takes me a while to wake up.

And so no, and so on...

It's obvious that each of us are built differently. Some are fine with "one alarm". Some need the snooze button. A few will boast that they get up just before the alarm goes off.

I think that all of us have a snooze button at work somewhere in our lives. For some it may be a reminder of sorts. A few may have a friend, spouse (or parent), who give them a gentle nudge when needed. For others, it's defined as a second chance.

Golfers call it a Mulligan. Smart phone owners have an app for it. Sleepers call it a snooze button. Whatever you might call it, use it.

Whatever you might call it, use it.

Question: When have you used your snooze button (even if it is your alarm clock's)? Share your thoughts below in comments.

If you like this post, please re-post it to your followers. Follow me on Twitter @bigcloudmusic if you find me interesting.

No comments:

COVID Wreaks Havoc In India

  The situation in India is bleak, but the Kingdom of God is expanding... I know you have seen news reports of the huge increase of COVID ca...