Wednesday, July 06, 2011

How To Create Your Own Reality Show

If I were to watch much (or even a little) television, I would find myself living in a reality show.

Whether it be singing with the stars, or dancing with the idols (I did that on purpose), or watching a murder trial verdict on FoxNews, someone else's life is happening before my eyes. And you know what: I'm interested.

I know of families who actually cheer during the weigh-in on The Biggest Loser. Vote someone off the island, absoutely!

Have we become so detached from our own lives and worlds that we need someone else's life and world to find our identity? Is Prince Harry's wedding really worth clearing our calendar for? Is my own reality not worth investing my life into?

Every day at the same intersection I see a homeless person with a cardboard sign asking for money. Yesterday I was invited to go to Kenya in September to minister. I also got invited by several Facebook friends to put my porch light on at 9:00.

How do I create my own Reality Show? It's probably going to cost me several dollars to buy a meal for a homeless man. Or it could cost me a few thousand dollars to get myself to Kenya.

Flipping on my porch light is much easier, but it only means that I'm a guest in someone else's reality.

Question: Why do you think reality shows (both networked and in news stories) are so popular? Share your thoughts below in comments.

If you like this post, please re-post, put it on your Facebook status, or forward it to your friends. Follow me on Twitter @bigcloudmusic if you find me interesting. Subscribe to this Blog if you'd like.

No comments:

COVID Wreaks Havoc In India

  The situation in India is bleak, but the Kingdom of God is expanding... I know you have seen news reports of the huge increase of COVID ca...