Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Fallen Heroes

I think that everyone in America has heard of the Ted Haggard affair (bad choice of words?). I have read many comments and many blogs concerning Ted Haggard. Many are negative and indicting. Many are distancing themselves from this man.

I for one, am looking for restoration. I believe that Ted Haggard is truly repentant. The God who I serve is a God of forgiveness.

Didn't David the King say to Nathan the Prophet, "I have sinned against the Lord" after his sin with Bathsheba? And didn't Nathan respond with, "The LORD has taken away your sin."?

Yes, we are expected to have a higher level of integrity, a higher standard of righteousness than the world. Yes, we are called to live a life of holiness. But sometimes we fall.

The question is, "What will we do after we fall?" Repent, remain in sin?

Thank youl Lord that you are a forgiving God.

No comments:

COVID Wreaks Havoc In India

  The situation in India is bleak, but the Kingdom of God is expanding... I know you have seen news reports of the huge increase of COVID ca...