Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Fall Colors

If you like this post, you can re-post, put it on your Facebook status, or forward it to your friends. Follow me on Twitter @bigcloudmusic if you find me interesting. Subscribe to this Blog if you'd like.

One thing I am going to miss by living in Florida is the beautiful fall colors in the more northern regions of our country. Yes, around here I may come across a random tree that has a hint of gold in its leaves, but all in all, the spectacular beauty of the changing of colors in fall foliage will be missed.

As I was reflecting on this, I began to think about the change that takes place during this time, and how this change can provide lessons and encouragement for all of us. Here are some of my thoughts about change that came from this exercise:
  • Change is inevitable - Just as autumn and the changing of colors comes every year, change in our lives, organizations, and ministries will happen also.
  • Change is required - Our earth needs the fall change to prepare for winter, then spring and summer. The "other hemisphere" (depending on where you live) needs the tilting of the earth to change so they can experience those same transitions.
  • Change is sometimes hidden - Even though my geography will limit my seeing the change that fall colors announce, I know that change is happening.
 Here are some conclusions that I drew from these thoughts:
  • Value change - As you are required to (or choose to) make changes in your life, your organization or ministry, appreciate it. Look forward to the potential outcome. Embrace change, rather than dread or resist it.
  • Prepare for change - Leverage your resources, energies, and focus as you see change coming. If you know you must change, don't wait for the last minute to get ready for it.
  • Enjoy change - It's going to happen. One might as well live within it with optimism, rather than with fear. Find ways to appreciate change, to mobilize it, to leverage it for more than the expected outcome.
I may miss the visual evidence of this fall season, but I know the change is happening. I'm all in.

Question: How do you value, prepare for, and enjoy change in your life? Share your thoughts below in comments.

No comments:

COVID Wreaks Havoc In India

  The situation in India is bleak, but the Kingdom of God is expanding... I know you have seen news reports of the huge increase of COVID ca...