Being Other-Centered: Focusing on others' needs
- A biblical mandate: Philippians 2:3-4
- 3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better (or more important) than yourselves.
- 4 Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.
- A culture of kindness: Living aware of others' lives.
- A stance of service: Thinking about how we can help others.
- A heartbeat of humility: Choosing to elevate others' needs over our own needs.