Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Adventure Begins... Not Yet!

It's Saturday morning, February 28th, and I'm sitting in the JFK airport in New York. My flight out of Baltimore was delayed on Friday evening because of high winds in New York, and when we finally landed, I watched my Emirates connecting flight lifting off!

The next flight for me leaves sometime after 11:00 am on Saturday (that one is delayed also - I'm looking out the window at it right now.). With the help of Gina Emmanuel, calling her and bothering her after 11:30 pm on Friday, I was able to contact Pastor Daniel's son Jesher to notify him of my delay. (Many thanks to Gina!)

But, now worries from me! Other than a long night on a bench at JFK, I'm no worse for wear and enjoying the time alone reading and studying (and a new song may be brewing in my heart). The only downside is that I was supposed to preach at Pastor Daniel's church on Sunday morning but that won't happen because I don't arrive in India until Sunday night.

Well, the adventure has already started... and it hasn't even started! Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brad,
I pray you got out on your flight ok. Praying your body will catch up to the time change quickly.
Blessings,
Rosanne

Brad Lewis said...

Thanks Rosanne.
Everything is good. I made it OK and we begin ministry this evening (Monday). Thanks for the prayers and encouragement!

-Brad

Search Theory said...

Oh wait! did i hear you say somethin on the lines of a new song brewing in your heart? i can't wait! :)

COVID Wreaks Havoc In India

  The situation in India is bleak, but the Kingdom of God is expanding... I know you have seen news reports of the huge increase of COVID ca...