Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pitfalls Of Having An Impact

I got a lot of traction from my last post Doing A Good Job, Or Having An Impact. Not a lot of comment traffic, but an abundance of personal conversations with people whom I engaged through the reading of this Blog.

As I listened to other's thoughts, and reflected on my own in this area, one theme emerged: there are pitfalls to having an impact. Here are a few you might want to consider if you purpose to have an impact, and not just do a good job:

-You may have to change your way of thinking: Most people are comfortable with just doing a good job.

-You may be perceived as a non-conformist. Status quo still rules.

-You may be seen as "sucking up". It's true!

-You may have to take huge risks. That may cost you a lot.

-The opportunity for failure is always greater among those who take risks.

Oh, but having an impact is so worth it!

Question: What other pitfalls do you feel await those who desire to have an impact? Share your thoughts below in comments.

(If you like this post, please re-post it or Twittter it to your followers. Follow me @Bigcloudmusic on Twitter if you find me interesting.)

No comments:

COVID Wreaks Havoc In India

  The situation in India is bleak, but the Kingdom of God is expanding... I know you have seen news reports of the huge increase of COVID ca...