Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Doing A Good Job, Or Having An Impact

All of us want it to be said that we do a good job. Nobody wants to hear that their performance is poor. Even if mediocrity is accepted, we'd rather excel.

But is doing a good job good enough? Are we satisfied with being in the top 15%? Is being recognized as one who outshines his peers satisfying?  Is "well done good and faithful servant" enough?

I have the feeling that although we desire to do a good job, we'd rather have an impact. Affect a life, create a niche, change your world.

Ask yourself: What can I do? Who can I affect? What is my destiny?

So what are you striving for? Doing a good job, or having an impact?

Question: Do you seek to do a good job, of do you purpose to have an impact? Share your thoughts below in comments.

(If you like this post, please re-post it or Twittter it to your followers. Follow me @Bigcloudmusic on Twitter if you find me interesting.)

No comments:

COVID Wreaks Havoc In India

  The situation in India is bleak, but the Kingdom of God is expanding... I know you have seen news reports of the huge increase of COVID ca...