Wednesday, April 13, 2011

1+1= Much More!

A couple of evenings ago, my wife and I took a short walk from our house to the shore of the "sound" (body of water running along the Florida panhandle separating the mainland from the island). There we sat in a couple of chairs in the sand at the water's edge, and watched the sun go down.

There was a fog/mist coming in from the Gulf of Mexico, and combined with the ever-changing colors of a Florida sunset, we had a 45 minute "piece of paradise".

We spent the time talking, being thankful, and sharing dreams. We also pointed out to each other things various we observed: She noticed the Purple Martins nesting in their house; I noticed the cloud patterns in the sky.

We ended the evening with a long walk, holding hands and talking some more. It was a glorious evening!

Later, as I was reflecting on our time, I was struck with this thought: As we sat and noticed things, what my wife saw was different from what I saw. But as we shared our observations with the other, together we saw much more than we would have seen alone.

That's the way it is with relationships: Together, people tend so see much more then they would see by themselves. Husbands & wives, friends, work teams, artistic collaborations.

I encourage you to value those you interact with. Allow them to see what you don't see, to observe what you might miss, to add to your vision. I promise, you'll see much more!

Question: When have you seen much more by collaborating with another? Share your thoughts below in comments.

(If you like this post, please re-post it or Twittter it to your followers. Follow me @Bigcloudmusic on Twitter if you find me interesting.

No comments:

COVID Wreaks Havoc In India

  The situation in India is bleak, but the Kingdom of God is expanding... I know you have seen news reports of the huge increase of COVID ca...