Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Commuting Observations

Like most Americans, I commute to work every day. Same time, same route. Depending on how quickly I get out the door in the morning, usually the same commuters.

This morning, a lady in a dark blue SUV was behind me for the first 5 minutes, talking on her cell phone while her son sat next to her, bored & ignored.

I noticed the usual service-business-owners (their trucks had information on them) on the way to their first call. Many looked tired.

Needing to drive on the main artery that feeds a local Air Force base, I travel with a lot of military commuters. They too are going to their jobs. I wonder if I will see them tomorrow, or if they will be deployed to the other side of the world. I am thankful for their service.

Of course there are the other Mini Cooper owners that pass me (or I sometimes pass). We do the "three-finger-Mini-wave" and continue on.

One of my regular favorites: a Harley rider, completely uniformed in a pot helmet, leather jacket, gloves, jeans, leather chaps, chained wallet, and on his feet... Crocks!

Tomorrow I will see some of the same drivers, in the same vehicles, making the same commute. Life will go on.

By the way, the lady in the dark blue SUV talking on the cell phone: She reappeared behind me at a red light 15 minutes later, still talking on the phone, still ignoring her son.

Question: What do you observe during your commute? Share your thoughts below in comments.

If you like this post, you can re-post, put it on your Facebook status, or forward it to your friends. Follow me on Twitter @bigcloudmusic if you find me interesting. Subscribe to this Blog if you'd like.

No comments:

COVID Wreaks Havoc In India

  The situation in India is bleak, but the Kingdom of God is expanding... I know you have seen news reports of the huge increase of COVID ca...