Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Why It Doesn't Matter Who Wins The Election

Today is election day, and I voted. But for me, it doesn't matter who wins the election.
Call me unprincipled. Call me uninvolved. Call me unAmerican. But make sure you call me a Christian.

I'm not giving the "it doesn't matter who wins the election, God is still on His throne" easy statement here. Rather, my convictions will not change, my beliefs will not adjust, and my purpose will not alter. No matter who wins the election.

My belief in God and His purpose and plan for those who believe in Him is not determined by who holds public office.

As a Believer in Christ, life may get more difficult for me because of my beliefs. In fact, I'm pretty sure it will get more difficult. But life doesn't revolve around me and how easy my life should be.

As a Believer in Christ, it may be more advantageous to compromise on my convictions so I can fit in with my culture. But we haven't been called to fit in with our culture.

Copying and pasting Facebook posts are not going to be a valid way of identifying myself as a Believer in Christ. I am going to have to publicly live out the Christian life in front of everybody. And I will be judged for it.

I don't want to live out my beliefs because I fear God will judge me for not living out my convictions. Rather, I want to live out my beliefs because I am a Christian.

I am grateful that I have the opportunity to vote for a person to lead our country. But my position as a Believer in Christ transcends my position as a citizen of this nation. So for me as a Christian, it doesn't matter who wins the election.

(You can receive this Blog every week via email by entering your address on the top right.)

If you like this post, you can re-post it, 'share' it on your Facebook status, 'Tweet' it, or forward it to your friends. Subscribe to regular postings of this Blog on the top right of this page.

No comments:

COVID Wreaks Havoc In India

  The situation in India is bleak, but the Kingdom of God is expanding... I know you have seen news reports of the huge increase of COVID ca...