Tuesday, May 10, 2016

What Are You Creating?

(You can receive this Blog every week via email by entering your address on the right.)

Often, when I come in contact with people I have relationship with, I like to ask the question, What are you creating?
A few years ago (before both of us moved away from each other), I meet with a friend, a gifted writer and aspiring author, every two weeks for coffee. At some point in our conversation I would ask, What have you written?

Although we did not have an accountability agreement where he knew I would ask him this question, he knew that sometime before we finished our coffee he will be challenged by me. Sometimes he would verbalize a thought he was working on. Other times he would bring out his notebook and read me a few new lines.

Just as I would challenge him, he in turn (along with others whom I keep the creative carrot before) challenge me to make sure I am living in creative mode myself.

My goal here is to stimulate creativity, and to encourage people to express themselves using the Creator-inspired gifts they possess. It is common for "artists" to create, and then to simply look at, read or listen to their creation, resting on what they've done instead of moving on to new expressions of their gifts. To them I say, keep creating!

You may not see yourself as an “artist” in the popular sense. But I believe that being created in the image of God, who Himself is the Ultimate Creator, all of us carry the gift of creativity. So to you I say, keep creating!

When worship leader/songwriter Dennis Jernigan was asked how someone could know they are a songwriter, he responded, "You can't keep it inside. You have to write songs.”

So my question to all of us is, What are you creating?

If you like this post, you can re-post it, ‘share’ it on your Facebook status, ‘Tweet’ it, or forward it to your friends. Follow me on Twitter @bigcloudmusic if you find me interesting. Subscribe to this Blog if you’d like at the top right of the page.

No comments:

COVID Wreaks Havoc In India

  The situation in India is bleak, but the Kingdom of God is expanding... I know you have seen news reports of the huge increase of COVID ca...