Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Are You A Dreamer?

(You can receive this Blog via email by entering your email address on the right.)

I am no expert on Dreams, but I have them. I am no expert on Dreamers, but I am one.
I have found that there are basically three types of Dreamers: Those who dream of a better past, those who dream of a better present, and those who dream of a better future.

Those who dream of a better past are stuck there, wishing for younger days. They use phrases like: I remember when..., When *this person* was here..., and If we could go back to...

There is nothing wrong with being nostalgic. We can learn much from the past. But living in the past is unhealthy. We will never move forward, we will never accomplish much.

Those who dream of a better present are in my opinion living in a fantasy world. They are seeking to escape the reality called life, and replace it with an unachievable illusion. I wish... begins many of their thoughts. (I wish my house could get a makeover. I wish I would win the lottery. I wish I didn't have to go to work today.)

Don't get me wrong. I am a man of faith. I believe in asking God to change the present reality to fit His purpose. (Lord, heal this man. Lord, provide food.) But I am careful to not be driven by my selfish desires. (Lord, make me rich. Lord, get me bumped up to first-class.)

Those who dream of a better future have the best chance of seeing their dreams fulfilled. They can do things now that shape their outcome.

Dreaming of an exotic vacation? Start saving now. Dreaming of running a marathon? Start with running a mile. Dreaming of owning your own business? Start working on it in your spare time. Dreaming of seeing your children be successful? Begin instilling values into them when they are young.

Future dreams fulfilled are the result of present consistent choices.

Question: What type of dreamer are you? Share your thoughts below in comments.

If you like this post, you can re-post it, ‘share’ it on your Facebook status, ‘Tweet’ it, or forward it to your friends. Follow me on Twitter @bigcloudmusic if you find me interesting. Subscribe to this Blog if you’d like at the top right of the page.

No comments:

COVID Wreaks Havoc In India

  The situation in India is bleak, but the Kingdom of God is expanding... I know you have seen news reports of the huge increase of COVID ca...