Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Creativity And Chaos

(Click here to read about my upcoming trip to India!)

(You can subscribe to this Blog via email by entering your email information on the right.)

I recently read a blog post where the author indicated that he had been less than frequent in his posting because of stress and work overload. I myself recently wrote a blog post indicating that my creative well was dry: I've Got Nothing.
Is there a correlation between stress and creativity? Does the amount of pressure that you face every day have a direct result on your output?

I know of some who thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment. They get bored if they're not doing at least five things.

I know of others who come up with some of their greatest ideas when the heat is on and the expectation level is high.

On the other hand, there are many who need a quiet and peaceful atmosphere to bring out their greatest creativity. For them calm is king.

The key is finding our what brings out the best from you.

Here are some tips for finding your creative sweet spot:
  • Try scheduling some quiet time where you are free from distractions. Does that work for you?
  • Evaluate yourself in groups and while alone. What place generates the most and best ideas?
  • Try creating in the morning, in the middle of the day, and at night. What fits you best?
  • Whatever works best for you, find a good app on your smart device or have an old school pen and notebook handy to facilitate recording creative thoughts and ideas.
Question: Which kind of person are you? Do you thrive in contentment or chaos? Share your thoughts below in 'comments'.

If you like this post, you can re-post it, ‘share’ it on your Facebook status, ‘Tweet’ it, or forward it to your friends. Follow me on Twitter @bigcloudmusic if you find me interesting. Subscribe to this Blog if you’d like at the top right of the page.

No comments:

COVID Wreaks Havoc In India

  The situation in India is bleak, but the Kingdom of God is expanding... I know you have seen news reports of the huge increase of COVID ca...