Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fulfilling A Dream

(You can receive this Blog via email by entering your address on the right.)

A friend of mine from England, Nathean Meadows (the Executive Director of Camp Sonshine), posted this in his Facebook status last evening:

I think I've gone a little loopy but I'm fulfilling a dream tonight and running a Half-marathon (13.1 miles). When you see my running app posted please cheer me on; I'll need all the help I can get!!! Hopefully I'll be alive in the morning!!

Fulfilling a dream. This is perhaps the most personally rewarding activity a person can give themselves to. Much more than accumulating wealth or gaining fame, fulfilling a dream finds its roots inside our innermost being, where the deepest desires of our hearts live.

Dreams inspire us, motivate us, and capture our imaginations. A person who has stopped dreaming has stopped living.

May I offer two thoughts on fulfilling a dream:
  • Dream. Many people have stopped dreaming. Some because of discouragement from previous unfulfilled dreams, others because of a mundane existence. We all need to have dreams, and we need to be working towards fulfilling those dreams. So dream!
  • Dream bigger than yourself. Make your dreams about causes and beliefs that are greater than you. Dream dreams that will outlive you, that will continue to be fulfilled even after you are gone. Let your dreams be so big that you need God to help you fulfill them!
I know Nathean well. He is one of the most selfless, caring, humble people I have ever met. I can confidently say that running a Half-marathon for him is not simply about accomplishing a task, adding to his "brag-book", or checking off his bucket list. Rather, he will use (and perhaps has already used) this experience to invest in and benefit the lives of others.

By the way, Nathean is alive and well this morning (see the last line of his post above). But even if he hadn't survived, his dreams and investment in others would continue long after the 13th mile mark...

Question: How can your dreams be bigger than you? Share your thoughts below in comments.
If you like this post, please re-post, put it on your Facebook@bigcloudmusic if you find me interesting. Subscribe to this Blog if you'd like.

No comments:

COVID Wreaks Havoc In India

  The situation in India is bleak, but the Kingdom of God is expanding... I know you have seen news reports of the huge increase of COVID ca...