Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Blind Thinking

If you like this post, you can re-post, put it on your Facebook status, or forward it to your friends. Follow me on Twitter @bigcloudmusic if you find me interesting. Subscribe to this Blog if you'd like.

In case you didn't know, I am a pastor in a church in Ft. Walton Beach, Florida. One of my responsibilities involves sharing the Sunday preaching/teaching with the other member of my co-pastor team.

Well it's my week, and I am sitting in a Starbucks preparing for this coming Sunday. I am focusing on the story of a blind man in the Bible who encounters Jesus, and has his life changed. Forever.

Why am I sharing this? Well, I am not trying to leverage my Blog to draw local readers to come hear me this Sunday (although if you are in the area, you're invited to GraceChurch at 10:30). I'm really not.

Also, I am not trying to build myself up by creating an image of self-importance (you're a Pastor?).

No, I mention this because I have been trying to put myself in the blind beggar's sandals to understand what it must be like to live with that condition (being blind, not begging in sandals - although that might be another consideration).

As a creative, I wonder what it would be like to lose one of my senses. I have sometimes thought that I could live without sight rather than without hearing (because a musician depends on his/her ears). But for life in general, I think I would rather see.

One thing I do know: Blind people don't wrestle with questions like these. Instead, they live within their boundaries. They make the most of their situation. They "see" whole new worlds. They deal with it.

Hmmmmm... Another question: How well would I deal with it?

Question: How well would you deal with the loss of one of your senses? Share your thoughts below in comments.

No comments:

COVID Wreaks Havoc In India

  The situation in India is bleak, but the Kingdom of God is expanding... I know you have seen news reports of the huge increase of COVID ca...