Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The End Of The World, As I Know It

(You can receive this Blog via email by entering your address on the right.)

As a boy, whenever I would complain about anything, my Dad would always say, "Quit your bellyaching. It's not the end of the world." Guess what: He was right!

All my problems, changes, and inconveniences were not the end of the world back then. And they still aren't.

This is the week I leave my ministry in Maryland for my ministry in Florida. It is a huge change for me: I am going from a comfortable salary, to having to work a marketplace job. I am going from a large, established church to essentially a pioneer work. I am going from 10 years of familiarity, relationships, and influence, to a life of the unknown.

But it's not the end of the world.

Rather, it's what faith is: taking a risk and stepping out of the comfort of the familiar into the excitement of the unknown.

And it's not the end of the world! In fact, it's just the beginning.

My wife and I are in our mid-fifties. We should be settling down, slowing down, gearing down. Instead, we are embarking on an adventure of epic proportions.

No, it's not the end of the world: It's just the beginning!

Question: What has been the end of the world (as you know it), for you? Share your thoughts below in comments.

(If you like this post, please re-post it or Twittter it to your followers. Follow me @Bigcloudmusic on Twitter if you find me interesting.)

No comments:

COVID Wreaks Havoc In India

  The situation in India is bleak, but the Kingdom of God is expanding... I know you have seen news reports of the huge increase of COVID ca...