Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Are You Living Your Dream?

Are you living your dream? Are you dreaming at all? Or are you simply dreaming to live, allowing life to go by while you try to keep up with it?

I had lunch with a friend last week, and as we talked he shared that he had built a bass guitar from scratch. No kit, not instructions. Just a hand-made creation that he brought to life from raw materials.

The more my friend described the process, the more animated he got. I quizzed him on time and material needs, on different finishing techniques, and on his ability to procure raw materials. The more he answered my questions, the more passionate he became.

I asked him, "If you could quit your job and build custom, hand-made bass guitars for a living, would you do it?" Absolutely, he replied.

Was it financially possible for him to do that? Not at the moment he said. Could you begin with this as a hobby that could evolve into a side business, that could eventually become a way to support his family. Perhaps, he conceded.

I encouraged him to press forward. Make another one. Show them off at trade shows, get a "player" to endorse him. Perhaps this could be an opportunity for my friend to live his dream.

Question: Are you living your dream, or are you dreaming to live? Share your thoughts below in responses.

(If you like this post, please re-post it or Twittter it to your followers. Follow me @Bigcloudmusic on Twitter if you find me interesting.)

No comments:

COVID Wreaks Havoc In India

  The situation in India is bleak, but the Kingdom of God is expanding... I know you have seen news reports of the huge increase of COVID ca...