Monday, April 26, 2010

India: Day 10

Sunday worship with Pastor Daniel's church! This is one of my favorite things to do when I'm in India. With Freddy and the team leading worship, the passionate praise of the people, the receptive faces, and the wonderful spirit that is present, one couldn't help make it his favorite thing to do.

After a warm public welcome from Pastor Daniel (with garlanding of course), and recognition of the medical team from our trip, I spoke a message to encourage the people. Then during the altar call time I was able to pray for many, most of whom were simply seeking more of the Lord in their lives. It is always an encouragement for me when I'm with the people here.

Sunday evening we traveled one hour to Huzurabad, where we began a three-day crusade in the dirt courtyard of a school. Over 400 people gathered in the 90+ degree heat for the first evening meeting. Freddy and the team lead the worship, followed by Pastor Daniel and I tag-teaming the preaching. Pastor Daniel's son Jesher was my faithful translator, and together we spoke about who Jesus is and what He can do for you.

At the altar call, 22 people came forward to give their lives to Christ! It was a wonderful sight! Then we prayed for people who requested it. Keep reading...

One man in particular came saying he was deaf in his left ear (he said this in Telugu - he spoke no English). Daniel yelled into his ear and he didn't flinch. He couldn't hear a thing. Well, we prayed for him, and afterwords I whispered very softly some words in English and he began to repeat them, exactly as I said them. It was incredible!

Monday evening we go back to the site and hold another meeting, believing souls for the Kingdom of God!

No comments:

COVID Wreaks Havoc In India

  The situation in India is bleak, but the Kingdom of God is expanding... I know you have seen news reports of the huge increase of COVID ca...