Tuesday, November 11, 2008

India: Looking Back, Looking Ahead

After having been back in the states from India for a few days now, I have had a chance to "decompress" and look back at not only this recent trip, but also at the two previous trips that I have had the privilege of taking this year, and one trip last year.

I must say that each time I travel to India I receive a different experience. I have now ministered in four different India states and have seen God's hand in many different ways. From my very first preaching opportunity during my first visit to India in February of 2007, where I spoke in a thatched-roofed pole structure, to eating at the finest restaurant in Delhi as the guest of my new brother-in-Christ Manoj Dwivedi, I have the chance to experience much of India.

No matter what I have experienced (as you can read in my previous Blog posts), it always turns out as an adventure where I see the hand and providence of God. The one thing that I always come away with each time I leave that great country is this: the people are hungry for the truth... and we have the Truth that will set them free!

I look forward to my next visit to India. Plans are already being made for 2009. I only hope that as I visit and seek to minister and pour myself out to the people, that they will forget me, but remember the presence and power of the Lord Jesus. That is what I want my legacy to be.

No comments:

COVID Wreaks Havoc In India

  The situation in India is bleak, but the Kingdom of God is expanding... I know you have seen news reports of the huge increase of COVID ca...