Friday, November 17, 2006

Expecting The Best!

I read a prayer today. It was a prayer from a father to his son. It was filled with encouragement, hope, and anticipation. It expected the best.

I pray those kinds of prayers for my sons (and daughter). I believe that all of us who have children pray for those things.

I don't know of a parent who prays for failure, discouragement and disappointment. Although I did hear of a father who wanted his children to fail so they could learn to face adversity and press forward. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

And so we pray for the best for our children (both our physical and spiritual children) those whom we pour into so they can be all that they were created to be. And we expect the best, because people are at their best when they are directed that way.

By the way, the prayer I read from a father to his son was Psalm 72 in the Bible. It's pretty good stuff!

(If you like this post, please re-post it or Twittter it to your followers. Follow me on Twitter if you find me interesting)

No comments:

COVID Wreaks Havoc In India

  The situation in India is bleak, but the Kingdom of God is expanding... I know you have seen news reports of the huge increase of COVID ca...