Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Life

This morning I stood in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at one of our large hospitals next to the bed of the soon-to-be-three-year-old daughter of one of our church's families. Her parents and I stood around the girl's quiet body as she lay connected to a breathing tube and an IV. She needed to be sedated to assure that her breathing tube stayed intact. The doctors are stumped on what has stricken her.

I held hands with her parents and laid my hand on the girl, crying out for the Lord to heal her. As I prayed, I was reminded of the story in Luke 8 of Jairus, whose daughter needed a touch from the Lord. The Lord touched the girl in Luke 8. This gave me faith, and as I prayed this story I believe that the parents were encouraged in their faith.

We prayed for life for the girl! We spoke life over the girl! We passionately cried out to the Lord to give this young girl life! And we believe that life was filling her and removing the mysterious sickness that gripped her.

So we continue to pray, and we continue to believe. For it is life that drives away death, and life that draws us to Him.

2 comments:

Meena said...

I came across this today, over a year later. I read it with a kind of "out of body experience." Then suddenly I was there again, back in the ICU with you holding our hands, speaking life, peace and healing over our precious little girl. Life flowed into her as she told us she was running with Jesus!
Doctors are still stumped, not knowing why this happened. Doesn't matter. The Victory is ours through our LORD!

You encouraged us in so many ways
and we thank you for being the wonderful person you are. We pray you continue to touch other lives as you've touched ours.
Bless you.

Brad Lewis said...

Meena-
I was humbled and brought to tears as I read your comment and then re-read the Blog post from October, 2006. I am so thankful that I was there, at the right place at the right time, and that the Lord used me to minister to your family.

No, we don't know what happened, but as you said, "The Victory is ours through the LORD!"

Thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. YOU are a blessing!

COVID Wreaks Havoc In India

  The situation in India is bleak, but the Kingdom of God is expanding... I know you have seen news reports of the huge increase of COVID ca...